How to Apply for Services

If you need assistance with mental health issues, substance abuse services, or services for a developmental disability, and live in Orange, Person, or Chatham counties in North Carolina, you may qualify to receive our services.

To inquiry about service for individuals with developmental disabilities call our Single Portal Coordinator at (919) 732-5167, ext. 4734.

To inquire about our DWI Classes call (919) 913-4220.

For all other services call (919) 913-4100 or you may call the OPC Clinic closest to you. Our clinics addresses and phone numbers are listed below. Our clinics are normally open Monday - Friday from 8:00a.m. until 5p.m. A few of the clinics offer extended hours for evening appointments.

Northside Clinic
(Orange County)

412-A Caldwell St .
Chapel Hill , NC 27516
(919) 913-4200

Family Counseling Center (Orange County)
300 W. Tryon St .
Hillsborough , NC 27278
(919) 732-1150

Person Counseling Center
(Person County)

204 W. Barden Street
Roxboro, 27573
(336) 599-8366

Chatham Counseling Center
(Chatham County)

40 Camp Drive
Pittsboro , NC 27312
(919) 542-4422
1105 E. Cardinal Street
Siler City , NC 27344
(919) 742-5610

If you need emergency help, call 911 or our Crisis Line at 1-800-233-6834.

Some other important numbers:

  • Freedom House, for substance abuse detox: (919) 942-2803
  • UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill: (919) 966-4131
  • Person County Memorial Hospital, Roxboro: (919) 599-2121
  • Chatham Hospital, Siler City: (919) 663-2113